Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pollitos con papas

Today my fiance (I'm still not used to writing or saying that) cooked me dinner: Pollito con Papas. It was delicious.

I got a glimpse of our life 20 years from now...our kids are out for the night, we're having a quiet night at home, and Fabio is cooking. I bet in 20 years he'll have learned he has to start the potatos a little earlier so they're done along with the rest of the food. And we'll still be learning other things...probably more important things even. Does our 18 year old still have to have a curfew? What are we going to do when all the kids are out of the house? How do we continue to communicate after 20 years of marriage?

I realize that it's a little strange that I'm "planning" our future 20 years from now, especially since we just got engaged. But on the other hand, right now I would rather be thinking about our marriage and our future than this upcoming wedding day that, to be totally honest, is already stressing me out a bit.

I firmly pray that I will get to have another evening like tonight 20 years down the road. 50 even...who knows.

For now I will dutifully start planning this wedding day, and in the meantime stay FAR, FAR away from theknot.com (we're apparently already 50 steps behind according to our potential wedding date).

3 comments:

ses said...

i hope that you are enjoying this time together. i wish i knew more spanish. need to start learning so I can keep up with you two. love you both. so happy for you!

erik and courtney said...

good plan hannah...the marriage is so much more important than the wedding day. you are a smart girl. (and as a mom, i read into your story a bit, that in 20 years you will have an 18 year old...hmmm!) you know i love weddings so if there is anything i can do from good ol' evanston, just let me know.

Kendra Wheeler said...

I understand the anxiety! Don't stress yourself...just take one issue or item at a time...and let me know if I can do anything to help! I would love to help you with anything!!! I LOVE YOU!