Friday, March 28, 2008

bienvenida

It's Friday and I have some time to "write home" about some of the latest happenings in Costa Rica. Since I have become awful at writing emails, I've decided to jump on the blogging bandwagon. So here's to improved communication across the globe...

I returned to San Jose in January after an amazing visit home and was pleasantly surprised to find out that a month of cold and snow was enough for me. As a true Wisconsin girl I was thinking I would crave more snow, or at least another trip to the ice rink or sledding hill. However, I quickly realized that my body is much happier in the warm sun and is not missing the snowiest Wisconsin winter ever (that's true) like I thought.

Since I've been back I've been busy travelling and working. I'm now working as an ESL teacher at Weizman (the bigger Jewish school in San Jose), and am still trying to get the hang of things. What helped was a week long vacation during Semana Santa that I got to take with Fabio and his family. We went to Bahia Drake (Drake Bay) in the southern peninsula of Costa Rica and the list of animals we saw is pretty impressive (including a dolphin, and a monkey that came into the house to eat our food).

And today...I joined the staff school choir! We are singing a song I sang with Madison Children's Choir many years ago (Dona Nobis Pachem), and it felt so good to be reading music and singing with a group again.

Three cheers for dolphins, sheet music, and a warm sunny sky.

1 comment:

Mrs. Johnson's 4th grade said...

yay hannah!
i'm excited that you have a blog too! :)
put up lots of pictures :)
we miss you, kevin and linnea and little laurel :) (did we tell you that we were going to name her laurel edith?)