Friday, December 2, 2011

El Primer Dia del Kinder

Way back in August, Ian started going to his little "scoo," or kinder a couple of mornings a week. I was tutoring a bit more and needed some extra childcare, and we also thought it might be good to have some time apart...for both of us. Since his first day was soon after we got back from our long trip to the States, I hadn't been thinking too much about it. The morning of the big first day came, and I was feeling pretty calm. Ian has always been such a social, easy-going kid that I thought he would easily adapt to his new schedule. Not so much. Although it took a few weeks' time, some tears (both from mother and son), quite a bit of worrying, all mixed with hope that we were doing the right thing, I am happy to report that Ian absolutely fell in love with "scoo," his new friends, and his teacher. He just finished his first semester with rave reviews from both teacher and school director. At our parents' night last week, I sat nervously awaiting any news that Ian is too aggressive, talks too much, too little, doesn't play well with others... But the only comments we heard were, "He's a smart, fun little boy. Keep up the good work!" Not that I can claim too much credit for this little boy's sweet personality and intelligence, but I was feeling pride and joy like never before.

I've got plenty of school pictures to post as I keep catching up on this blog, but for now, here are some from his first day:
Getting ready, looking rather excited about his new big boy freedom.

Skyping with his grandparents to show off his uniform.

He wouldn't let go of the chupeta until the last minute

"Mom! I'm a big boy now! Put me down!"

With his dear friend before going in the gates!

Trying to line them all up for a picture...C wasn't too excited.

Like two little teenagers...just chatting before class.



Too cool for mommy kisses in public.

No comments: