During the day I am always rushing to get things done before Ian wakes up from his naps (including nap myself). I almost always wish I had a few more minutes before naptime is over. At night however, a couple hours after he's gone to bed, I am ready to see him again. I find myself yearning to hug and kiss him, but he's asleep for the night. Sometimes I sneak into his room, pick him up, hold him, and cuddle him just for a few minutes. It reminds me of that book "I'll Love You Forever" and I picture myself snuggling him into adulthood. It's hard to imagine Ian as a grown man but, si Dios quiere, I can't wait to see who that man is. Every night at bedtime I put him in his bed and say a prayer for my little boy
May God keep you safe and healthy and happy, with a kind heart to love all others.
Amen.
2 comments:
he is beautiful. : )
Hannah..I feel the same way. Mani thinks I am crazy because I sometimes pick him up and snuggle for a few minutes when he is asleep! I miss out on his entire day so it is crazy how fast time goes by! Wondering who he will be is such a bittersweet thing!
Post a Comment