Wednesday, November 17, 2010

One blessed mama...

I've been doing a terrible job of writing down major milestones and little Ianisms that I'll want to remember in the future. Fortunately I am wholeheartedly enjoying all these moments with our dear boy even if I'm not doing a good job of recording them. It's unbelieveable that he's almost a year. In the blink of an eye I'll look back at this picture and wonder where time has gone. But for now, I will continue to love him with "todo mi corazon" (como dice su papa), and try to write a few little things down so I can remember...

Our house is as baby proofed as it can be, but he still manages to cause mischief if I turn away for a minute. The other day I left some crayons on the ground after his supervised coloring time. He managed to find them and took some major bites out so that we had to brush his teeth for a good while to get all the crayon chunks out. Ian LOVES his daddy. He says Papi, Papa, and Daddy on a regular basis throughout the day. He only says Mama when he wants something or is crying. When our little friend Emi was visiting the other day, Fabio came home from work and greeted her first. Ian burst into tears as if his little heart had been broken. Fabio was loving every minute of it. Ian's pretty strong and stable on his feet, but doesn't seem too bothered to start walking anytime soon. He says, "woof woof," when he sees a dog or is asked what a doggy says, and we're working on meowing next. He puts his hands in his mouth everytime I ask him where his nose is. He loves to "talk" on the telephone (which is anything that is close to a rectangular object: remote, shoe, camera, book...), and will immediately put his hand (or any aforementioned object) near his ear if you say, "Hola Ian!" He's had a cold recently, but he's less of a complainer than his mom is about being sick. He absolutely loves to eat. He will follow you around the room if you have any kind of food in your hands. However, if he's in his high chair eating his healthy, organic baby food I've so lovingly prepared, he tends to throw his own bowl away and start begging for the good stuff at the adult table. He even likes coffee (thanks grandpa). He still takes 2 good naps a day (thank you Ian!), and alternates sleeping through the night and waking up once (I feel like myself again). He begs to ride in the Baby Bjorn with his daddy and kicks his little legs in excitement the minute he gets in. He loves bathtime and even enjoys getting water dumped on his head. If water gets in his eyes he just blinks a few times and looks up in surprise with his big blue eyes. When he's really tired he starts biting. He'll bite softly at first and look up at me with a slight grin in his eyes. He noticeably understands things in both English and Spanish. He does fish lips when you ask him to do the "boquita de pescado." He throws his arms up if you ask how big he is...SO BIG! His version of kissing is leaning toward you, forehead first with his mouth wide open. He gets visibly excited about talking to his grandparents on skype, and immediately starts to play peek-a-boo with grandpa. He likes to play bola with his other abuelitos. He gives amazingly good hugs, but only when he's in the right mood. He loves to dance with us, especially to Glee's version of Like a Prayer. He really enjoys books, but mostly just turning the pages. He loves to brush his teeth with his purple toothbrush, but gets mad when you take it away after a while. He likes rocking at night, but only for a short while before pointing to his crib. Once in bed, he curls up with a nuk in each hand and quietly talks himself to sleep.

He is a sweet, curious, adorably cute, loving little boy.

I am one blessed mama.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Your little boy is so handsome... how many girls will Charlotte have to fight for him?

Josie said...

At least one other - and she's half Tica, too! What a lovely message, Han. Maggie did/still does a lot of that stuff too. Wish we could see each other again sooner than the date we have pencilled in. xx

Chelsea said...

He's waiting to walk until he's back at 402 Elmside. CAN'T WAIT!

Anonymous said...

He is blessed to have you! He looks like you sometimes, and then sometimes I see Fabio. Is he speaking more Spanish than English? I love that he got jealous for papi's attention!
Kayla

Katie said...

He clearly has great taste in music:) Can't wait to see the WHOLE fam again soon!