Saturday, May 22, 2010

Date Night

Nick and his girlfriend generously volunteered to babysit so Fabio and I could have a night out on Friday. It felt incredibly weird to leave directions with them on how to care for our baby. I am so used to being the babysitter that when "Help yourself to whatever in the kitchen," came out of my mouth, I realized I was the MOM! Crazy!

I got all dressed up (since I normally wear either pijamas or sports gear every day) and was ready to go but had to teach Nick how to prepare a bottle in case Ian should wake up. I maybe should have been a little nervous when he asked how to hold a baby. But, knowing that Yari would be coming to help within the hour eased my fears.

When we got home (after sushi and Robin Hood--the sushi was delightful, Robin Hood not so much), I found Yari soothing Ian with a lullaby from the Big Bang Theory: "Soft Kitty, Sweet Kitty, Little Ball of Fur..." Beautiful.

It was great to go out, but also so nice to come home to our little guy.
Wow, I sometimes still can't believe I'm a mom.

No comments: