For those of you who haven't heard the whole story...Fabio and I have been trying to figure out the best way to get legally married. Since we are not Catholic our religious ceremony in January won't be recognized as a legal marriage in Costa Rica. We were planning on getting the paperwork started soon in Costa Rica (knowing it might take some time there), but realized it would be much easier and cheaper to do it on our visit to the States this summer.
Fabio and I legally signed our marriage documents yesterday at the Concert on the Square in Madison, Wisconsin. It was a very informal affair (since it was not an actual wedding), but a lovely time with family, friends, and the entire Madison Symphony Chamber Orchestra for ceremony music. Glen Reichelderfer performed the short paper-signing ceremony, and my sister and godmother acted as witnesses. The music was unbelievably good and perfectly fitting, and the champagne was enjoyed by all.
Thank you so much to all...especially you, Rev Glen Reichelderfer!
Here are few pictures (out of order, but I'll put captions):
"Husband and Wife"

Our LaSam Family

I think we're laughing because Wayne popped the champagne cork a little too soon.

Lindsey signing the certificate

My mom and dad...the capital in the background

I was crying at this point

Dearest mj

We were happy:)

"Woo Hoo" is what I was saying at this point
(My mom put together a beautiful bouquet)


Glen pronouncing us Husband and Wife
(Bridget's holding the phone up so Cait could hear it all the way from Alaska)

More happy tears (check out the lady watching from behind)
Family photo
Kaethe Boo
I just liked this one with my family, flowers, and wine.

Official witnesses


The rest of the 20,000 "guests"
6 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! I LOVE IT! and you TWO too!See you soon.
Congratulations to both of you! I loved all of the pictures as well - you seem so happy!
WOO HOO!!!!! that's it...i'm coming to costa rica to celebrate , drink, and learn to surf.
and hang with the gang.
congrats guys!
OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy that it worked out to get that all done while you were here! I have eyes full of tears because I am so happy for you! I love you my friend!
YIPEE! Congrats on the legal wedding! You both look very happy. And its kinda cool that you have a little bit of wedding here and a little bit there. So will you change your name now, or later?
Congratulations!!!!!! Wow... So cute, fun, beautiful. I had tears in my eyes scrolling through the pictures.
Post a Comment